Tuesday 14 April 2015

UMRAH DIARIES | MY FIRST UMRAH



Saalam guys, 

So Today marks one month since I left for Umrah, wow honestly time flies so quick! 
I wanted to share my experience with some of you guys as before I left I didn't really find much of many people's experiences online as I would have liked too. I also hope this benefits some of you if you are either planning to go or just want to have a feel of what it's like, I'm going to breifly talk about my entire experience and how I felt as I feel this is such a blessed opportunity that I've had and I don't ever know when I will ever experience this again! 

So planning to go.. NO I didn't plan to go this all happened in about less than TWO WEEKS! My gran and my uncles are always flying to the blessed land Alhamdullilah. So as per my younger uncle was planning to go with my gran and then he asked me and I was so overwhelmed that he even asked me if I wanted to go as my parents have never been and I was in awe that he even asked me! I obviously said yes like its a once in a lifetime journey for some people and it's deffo a journey you WANT AND NEED IN LIFE! 

So that was all set I had about two weeks to fully prepare myself for this spiritual journey. I was so excited but at the same time I was so nervous as though what if the visa didn't come and this was a false alarm for me not being called to the lords house! I didn't tell anyone I might be going just until a week or so before, because it became more and more real! I was shopping and learning duas and how to preform umrah. 

So finally three or four days before the visa came! I was so releaved I cried I was so happy I cried! I was actually being called by Allah for this i honestly felt so blessed! Finally the 15th of March fast approached and I woke up with th biggest smile on my face knowing I was flying to such a holy place! I prayed my 2 rakat intention prayer before leaving the house and towards the end during dua while asking Allah for guidance and to accept my umrah, I broke into tears because I could feel this was real and the feeling is so unexplainable, I was so nervous but so excited! 

I was going with my gran my uncle and also my auntie with her two kids under 5! This was also my first time travelling anywhere so far without my parents! I wasn't really fussed as this is such a spiritual journey I felt so connected to Allah, Allah was with me and that made it all okay. 

I flew with Saudi Airlines and the whole 6 hours was filled with praying, reading duas, tasbi and reading my notebook on how to preform umrah! Finally we landed in Jeddah Airport and my gosh the gust of heat hit me like, I felt like I was in an oven! However we got into a taxi and traveled to Makkah! The journey to makkah, I was so nervous and we were all reciting labayk, as we entered the haram area I was so excited I didn't know how to feel or what to expect! 

We arrived around 12am, we went to our hotel we stayed at the Fairmount Clock Royal, it's a beautiful hotel right in the centre of the haram so convinient! We got to the hotel and left our bags and left out to preform our first umrah, it was now almost 1AM and I was so excited! 

As walking towards Masjid Al Haram, my uncle guided us as we didn't go with a group and didn't have a tour guide. On my walk to Masjid Al Haram I could see and hear small birds chirping and it sounded so immensely beautiful, like my ears had never heard such a noise! I entered the mosque with my right foot and my head lowered feeling ashamed of all the sins I've committed and all the bad , I almost felt like I didn't want to go but my feet where walking in direction to the Ka'abah. Finally my uncle said stop and look up, I looked up and my heart felt like it stopped the beautiful black Ka'abah was there RIGHT INFRONT OF MY EYES! This was a real pinch me moment and tears rolled down my face and I raised my hands and made dua, it is said the first ever dua made when u set eyes on the Ka'abah is gaurenteed to be accepted, I pre planned what I was going to make dua for, so at this point I couldn't believe I was making dua infront of the Ka'abah itself! 
 
We then left to begin tawaf and it was so much easier than everyone explained to me, yes there are thousands people doing the same thing and you do get trampled and squashed, however Allah must have blessed me as I didn't get trampled on and it was the most easiest tawaf I did it was so calm and I was so overwhelmed we did 7 rounds and then made our way to the zam zam water fountains, you can also make dua here as it is accepted, drinking that water itself is a blessing and it is said it cures illnesses and drinking it as it comes fresh from the zam zam well is so overwhelming thinking your drinking that exact water from its original place is so amazing! 
We then left for saee, walking between mount safa and Marwa was so refreshing to my mind as this is what Hajar did while looking for water for ismail! It honestly made me feel in such a way that we take things for granted and we have them at our finger tips it was such an experience! I then prayed two rakat on mount marwa and praying on the actual mountain itself made me feel so blessed that Allah allowed me to pray on such a piece of uncovered beauty, I'A Allah accepts my umrah and accepts my duas. 

So we went back to the hotel and cut our hair and showered and that was Umrah 1 completed and it felt so good oh I also forgot to mention after tawaf my uncle made us walk closer and closer on our last round towards the wall of the Ka'abah and we made it he made space for us to touch the Ka'abah and I touched it and made dua and it was the most peaceful moment in my life as placing your hands and forehead on the Ka'abah is the most amazing feeling anyone will ever experience! The tears will fall down and you will feel Allahs presence and your heart will pour out and the smell of the cloth of the Ka'abah is out of this world! 

The next day was filled with praying in masjid Al Haram and also doing my tawaf at night, around 10:30 pm we set out for tawaf and we competed 7 rounds and then we didn't push we slowly made our way near the entrance of the Hatim it was so packed and I honestly was getting trampled on! I didn't think we would make it but my auntie was like don't worry stay calm and have faith in Allah we will, so I put my trust in Allah and we made it! I PRAYED IN THE HATIM! It was so squashy and people trample on you praying but I managed and we did it, praying in the hatim is equal to praying in the Ka'abah as it was originally meant to be inside the Ka'abah! We also touched the walls of the Ka'abah again and this time it felt so different to the first time my hands and forehead felt glued to the walls the smell went through my body and my tears just kept rolling out I couldn't believe I was actually here, Allah had actually called ME people want to go for years, some people never get a chance to go and I was here the main reason it affected me so bad was I only had made intention to go only three weeks ago THREE WEEKS! It just showed me you NEVER know when Allah  is listening and when he accepts our duas! Then we prayed our 2 rakat nafl and when making dua I just cried because I was so happy and I  overwhelmed and I couldn't believe I made it to the lords house and it was so surreal to me! I was truely blessed! 

( one of the first pictures I took) 



That's all for today guys I will be continuing my Umrah diaries, with other things I did and my experiences, keep a look out and follow me on my Instagram for updates. 

Keepitklassy95 - Instagram 

See you soon 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment